Friday, November 25, 2011

baby sweater

So, my college roommate is having a baby, her first, and it's kind of blowing my mind that it's been over 10 years since we had ours.  Anyway, I'm making her a baby blanket and a sweater - both in Knitpicks Comfy.  The blanket is plain cotton squares in sport weight, nothing fancy, in ocean colors.  Lay it on the grass, throw up on it, whatever, just chuck it in the wash and you're good.  But I also got some fingering Comfy in cream and I'm going to make an aran baby sweater.  My big idea is to start with the bottom band and work a 2 inch cable band laid on it's side, then pick up and knit the body up.   I was thinking of making it button up the front, but maybe a pullover with neck-side buttons would be better.  I'm doing some checking about sizing here and think I'll start looking at some of my own books for sizing guidance as I start sketching.
We're going to have leftovers tonight - yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment