Basically, I followed the pattern directions backwards. I started with the neck and worked down. After one row to set the cable pattern (see below for cable arrangement) and mark seams, I followed the short row directions for the back in reverse. Once that was done I worked in pattern increasing 1 st each side of the seams in purl every other row. I like using purl increases because using a knit seam line would sort of fight with the cable pattern. Working top down allowed me to adjust the body shaping as I went which I find much harder with bottom up patterns. Basically from there I knit out the sleeves and body per directions to desires lengths and omitted ribbings.
Cable arrangement front and back - for final body width, to arrange them at the neck to work down you'll use the center x number of sts called for by your size and work increased sts in pattern as you go:
Reverse stockinette st - twisted knit - 16 st cable - twisted knit - 4 st cable - twisted knit - 28 st cable - twisted knit - 4 st cable - twisted knit -16 st cable - twisted knit - reverse stockinette st
Cable arrangement for sleeves (both alike):
Reverse stockinette st - twisted knit - 4 st cable - twisted knit -16 st cable - twisted knit - 4 st cable - twisted knit - reverse stockinette st
You could also chart this out and mark all the increases beforehand if you less freewheeling than I am.
Don't get me wrong, Thea's design is lovely and I adore this combination of cables but the original version just didn't work for me.