Thursday, January 12, 2012

Knitting at soccer

So, it's been 20 or so years since the last time I knit Kim Hargreaves' Tumbleweed pattern (Rowan#4). Here I'm doing it in Ivy Dishie from KnitPicks. I really like Dishie for clothes, not too soft (read pilly here, soft cotton pills too easily and looks ratty to me after a couple washes) and the color is nice. Im also making another Hazel hat - this one deeper based on feedback from the original. And I'm still making hexes for the vest, but that's slow right now. My big excitement is getting a commission to do another Stained Glass pullover - in Regency on Regency. So of course whenever this sort of thing happens, the "client" wants the exact same thing they saw you do before. I was all excited to sneak in a rose edging or something.
I've never seen Regency in person, so I'm excited to get it - probably early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment