Thursday, June 16, 2011

Man, I HATE FLYING ANTS

5 nights a week my spouse and I go running and do 3 miles. We've adjusted to the dogs, the light, the HEAT (yes even running in 94 degree heat doesn't bother me that much any more) but in the summer, when it rains, all these flying ants come out. And we've had a bit of a drought until last night, so we're talking an ant plague of biblical proportions. Up your nose, in your mouth, in your hair, into your shirt, catching in your throat, getting in your eyes (and when stressed, ants secrete acid, isn't that just awesome in your eye???) GAGH. Disgusting.

What's not disgusting - I'm going on a finishing campaign. No new projects until I clean out that basket and I have ideas for socks and cardigans and mittens galore.

So, first down, the Green Mtn Spinnery Stained Glass pullover. Looking at it now, I think I stalled out because the color repeats were so nicely spaced on the sleeves, but when I got to the body, the repeats were cut in half and I wasn't as happy and really not sure about putting the whole thing together. So I think I'm going to take out the body and make the front and back as flat pieces so the color intervals will be more like the sleeves and then I'll be happy. It's much too nice yarn and such a great pattern and I was so happy with those sleeves, I can short change it by not having the color intervals look right.

I'll post pics later to show you what I mean. After finishing this one, I want to get Kinsale done, which I love but damn that's a lot of knitting and my god I started it in Feb of 2010. Maybe I could wear the dumb thing this fall??

1 comment:

  1. You have an informative blog. I’ve learned something from it. I do have mine too www.claire-fernandez.blogspot.com... Thanks

    ReplyDelete