Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle

Does anyone else remember those books? My brother gave me some when I was 8 or so (I think) and I LOVED them.
Anyway, a friend at work has been working on a sweater for about 2 years now. It's just one of those cursed projects, we've all had them. It's a semi-tailored pattern but she's doing it in handspun and kidsilk haze, so gauge and fit and torque are all in play. She's been very brave and persistent and when it's done, she'll love it because the thing is LOVELY.
But today she brought it to my office and asked if I would help sew it together because easing in the sleeves is going to be hard.
So, I feel like Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, who took people's unruly kids and kept them at her farm for a couple weeks until they learned a couple life lessons and started to be nicer.
I think I can teach this sweater to behave.
I'll post a picture of this very pretty, rather badly behaved girl a little later.






1 comment:

  1. You are BEYOND kind to set in the sleeves. When the sweater is finished, I will photograph it in natural light because there's something about law library light that sucks the life out of me, er, I mean color. The upper pic is the most true to color. I only hope with the front placket and satin ribbon closure, I will want to wear this 2-year labor. It's official: I made two human beings in less time than it took to knit this monstrosity. Thanks for all the help, moral and otherwise!

    ReplyDelete