Thursday, December 13, 2007

I got in, I feel so cool

Well, not really I guess, but I made it onto Ravelry. Cool! Too bad there's so much dental work, child sickness, cat wound-care/washing going on lately or I'd actually do something about it.
:) Later, I guess.
So, I've started work on a pair of Fetching - but I'm using Nature Spun Worsted in Enchanted Forest. Nice and soft, but not cashmere. Leftovers from a Christmas sweater from last year.
I'll take a picture when I have enough to make it worthwhile . . . . .

And so today, The Mad Crocheter asked for my input assembling a hat - which was fun. It's very cool to do that sort of problem solving, especially when the collective brain figures it out the first time around. She also showed me her caplet which is to die for, seriously, the thing is so soft and pretty, and that got me thinking of a couple things . . .
First, I want to do something cabley with Suri Dream - in the dark green. It really works up so nicely, lofty like mohair, but soft.
Second, TMC was teasing me about flaming out on a peice of lace I started last spring on her blog. And she's right! But I wasn't happy with it, so I tabled it. Its Alpaca Cloud in smoke heather and I adore it. But now . . .
What about a fitted caplet, working out in a star pattern? I have a book of knitted counterpanes that has some star patterns, maybe a sold yoke, then decending star or leaf motifs that increase out? I like that idea because just keep working until the yarn runs out. . .
Thanks, TMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment