Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Norwegian Roses, getting there . . .

So, once I came to terms with the fact that Norwegian Roses wasn't going to get to my mom in time for Christmas, I felt better.
I'm not rushed anymore, which is good, because that bugger is going to require some serious retrofitting to fit my 98 lb., 4'9" mother. I think I'm going to need to trim it back from the bottom - lop off a section of roses and geese and then reattach the bottom via a graft. If I don't, I don't think mom will be strong enough to stand up in the dumb thing. But first, I have to finish the second sleeve and tack up the bottom facing to see how long it is when it's all done. And I've really abandoned their ideas about what patterns to use on the sleeves. Just makin' things up, don't mind me.

But I think I showed some restraint - I've only made the mittletts, rather than starting a whole new sweater, which is my usual M.O..

No comments:

Post a Comment