Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some things I learned today

My car went to the shop today (nothing big, in fact so minor the fix was free) so I had an unexpected day at home. And I learned some things about squirrel-proofing your attic:
  • I now know how to disassemble and fix a very jammed heavy duty stapler.
  • I have a much clearer understanding of how to cut, shape and use 1/2 inch galvanized construction fabric.
  • I now know that I can staple said fabric into rafters with said stapler above my head and behind me while lying on my back on a one inch beam and balancing myself so I don't fall down into my own kitchen.
  • I know this last one isn't a lot of fun and the insulation makes me cough.
  • I know my attic reaches 90-plus degrees by 10am.
  • I know I need more 1/2 inch galvanized construction fabric to finish this job.
I also know I don't want squirrels in my attic. Sigh.
So I'll do something else with my afternoon. I'm almost done with the Gotland. I need to measure these skeins, they must be HUGE. Have a nice day, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment