Monday, November 23, 2009

it's been a while

So, a couple things:

I got feedback on the Daisy Mittens - they could be smaller.  True, I was probably overcompensating for making most things freakishly small because I'm kind of small.   I'll do another pair (I send test stuff to my mom to put into a craft's cooperative since down here I have little or no use for mittens and things) or maybe another design.  I have a book full of them, I just need to put them down on paper.

I started my Kauni.  Not much to take pictures of yet, but soon.  It's sort of rough feeling, but it will make a lovely, cuttable steek, methinks.  I need to finish some things, my knitting basket looks like, well nothing poetic springs to mind, so how about a horrible mess?

Finally, it's finals season where I work.  Stressed out law students, not pretty.  I've spent my day:
  • helping people use staplers; sometimes with a multi-person audience (no, really, I'm not kidding)
  • explaining print server problems which aren't actually problems
  • calling Facilities to have someone fish our most popular study room key out of the elevator shaft (someone dropped in there over the weekend)
  • handing out Advil

No comments:

Post a Comment