Monday, July 2, 2007

Came back to find it on the kitchen counter

Here again, we see the very decrepit porch, this time with a whole bunch of Shine Worsted in Sunflower. Yay, knitpicks and cheap, nice yarn, not so yay on the timing of my order.
Started working on the neck of the sweater - top down roll neck raglan, on size 6's, the body will be on 7's. Shine Worsted is so soft and smooth - really lovely. The color isn't quite as bright yellow-orange as I had thought it would be, it has this tinge of the 1970's, but I still like it a lot.
I'm planning to do raglan increases on all 4 seams every other row until it looks right, take off the sleeves . . . pretty simple drill once you've done a raglan. More pictures will follow.
Peeping out from underneath, you can see the Wildflower DK sweater on which I did next to no work while traveling . . .

ADDENDUM
While riding the shuttle this morning, I decided that I should add a raised leaf motif to the yoke of this sweater. Maybe something like this - just the leaf, of course. Barbara Walker has all kinds of lovely stitch patterns for this kind of thing, so I should be able to find something. I'm picturing embossed leaves hanging down the yoke just below the neck.

SECOND ADDENDUM
After playing around with a leaf pattern, I decided that it wouldn't work on the yoke of an otherwise straight stitch sweater. Basically, the weight of all that other yarn would just pull on the yoke and the design would get all elongated and look bad, and it would be a weak point in the fabric at a really bad place. So it's just straight stitch. But I'm logging the pattern as I go and will post it when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment