Sunday, July 29, 2007

No longer a half shirt, and another new idea

When I get to 25 inches from neck to bottom, I'm going to switch to smaller needles and begin the bottom roll for this sweater. I wove in all the ends at the armpit joins this morning, so once it's cast off, it will basically be done. I like it, and Shine Worsted is great stuff, BUT, you have to be even and clean in your work, or it will show every tiny flaw with it's smooth, shiny evenness.



















Now, here's the new idea.
I got a couple of skeins of Manos del Uruguay in color 102 (right, that means a lot, doesn't it? 102 is rich reddish browns, purple, and dark gold, very nice, very November autumn) and I think it would be great paired up with Lamb's Pride to make the Green Mountain Spinnery's Norwegian Roses Cardigan. I think it would go nicely with Gold (14), Medieval Red (26) and Aubergine (185).

No comments:

Post a Comment