Monday, November 12, 2007

Some charting to do for the next project

Though I'm officially cut off until I finish something from starting anything else that's new.
That quilt on the couch that's been keeping us company, for instance. Yeah, finishing that bad boy would be a good idea.
(Gales of laughter . . .)
So anyway, here's my latest redo. More Encore Worsted, this is number 670, blue teal. I want to do the sweater on the left in the picture (yes, it's for a man, but I'll do the medium and make the sleeves shorter and the body longer). It's an old Annabel Fox patterm - the Rowan issue it comes from is from 1988 (actual title is Rowan Knitting Book Number Four: Rowan Rural Traditions, it's listed as OOP in Amazon, but perhaps you could find it somewhere -- this is a very cool issue, some early works by Kaffe Fassett, Erika Knight and Kim Hargraves) written for Rowan Magpie. I made it once a long time ago, but the pattern is not charted - although the sweater on the right side is (which is also quite lovely and I've made that one as well). Anyway, this was before charting things was the standard it's become, so rather than curse a written pattern, I'm going to invest a couple of nights and chart this one out.
That center cable is wicked complicated, as I recall. Should be fun.
Dang, when I checked this post and opened that snap of the pattern up large, it nearly breaks copyright law. Double dang, once I get the bad boy charted, I'd love to post it, but I'd need to do a ton of research with Rowan in order to do that.
(Hi cat who just jumped on me.)
Perhaps Annabel Fox has it in another publication, or charted elsewhere? Sheesh, you'd think I'd do more research, being a librarian and all . . .

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up about Library Thing. I'd be a little afraid of the "wicked complicated center cable". But maybe that's because I've never knit cables before. But that's about to change - I started swatching for my first ever cabley project earlier tonight. Any advice for a newbie?

    ReplyDelete