Between little league and work and other random stuff (like wanting to live in a house that doesn't smell) I've been doing lots of knitting, just nothing very new and exciting, so I haven't posted. This should change now, as I'm at the end of a lot of things. I kind of have a Soviet-era "storming" thing I do, don't I?
So, I'm nearly done with the second half of Bittersweet. This first picture gives a better representation of the color, and even though you can't see much of the beads, you get a better sense of how they glint out of the deeper pumpkin color. Indy thinks it's nice and warm on his rear end. This in a brownish green or dark red, any color combonation that works with the fall motifs I think would work.
This next thing is just a swatch so far, but it's going to be a peacock feather caplet. I spent weeks graphing, swatching, not getting it right, ripping out, re-graphing, re-swatching and once I got the lace and increases right, I had to decide how to work in all the colors of beads. I think the gold ones will move up more towards the tips of the feathers, to look more like a real eye. I can also see this working well in other color combinations - dark rose with sparkly silver and pink beads, like pinks or bachelor buttons, or you could do it in black with silver or iridescent beads for an evening wear sort of thing (or if you just go for drama). It's going to have 3 buttons at the top and the two sides will have a fine XO cable - I like using thin cable panels for buttonholes, but you can only get away with that if you are working at a fairly fine guage. And finally, this boring brown thing. Rosa Rugosa - the back is done, the fronts are halfway there and the sleeves are 3/4, so it shouldn't take much longer. But I need buttons, ones that can go through the wash. I'll have to look around and see what I can come up with.