Monday, May 31, 2010

Back from vacation

So I'm still swatching, so no pic of that yet.  I didn't take the swatch with me to NC as I didn't feel like fussing with stupid tubes of beads.  Hopefully tomorrow.
Ashville was nice, Mount Mitchell was amazing.  Highest point on the east coast at 6,684 ft.  Lovely.  Look, no fooling. Don't know if I've mentioned this, but I have this ambition to put together a collection of patterns themed around East Coast hiking.  The how to get it published was what kept me from doing it.  I guess I now have no excuse.  Hiking this weekend gave me ideas for 'Mount Mitchell' a men's aran in dark green heathered yarn and 'Trail to Craig' (this pictures were taken from Mitchell, Craig and the trail between them) which would be a bohus style cardigan done in forget me not colors - bright and pale greens, light tan, soft blue and yellow.   There are many other ideas and hikes - sadly, I didn't have a good camera back when we hiked those.  Better get my butt in gear, age doesn't make hiking any easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment