Monday, June 2, 2008

Some recent dying

Kind of a pretty mess, isn't it? Maybe a little bright. The small one and I have been having fun with food color. I've arranged 4 of my favorites from our latest batch of dying below - one new twist, black food color. I had an inspiration a couple years ago, it was actually a quilt I saw in the catalog for Keepsake Quilting - I don't get the catalog anymore and I think I threw out all the old ones and I didn't keep any of my old copies, so I don't have a picture to share. Dumb -- it was lovely. But the quilt was a mullioned frame, black fabric around bali windows. I thought it would be cool to make a sweater like that using KOIGU. But that would cost $200.00. So maybe I can try with this stuff. I also like the blue/purple/black colorway for an Amy Rose redo.






And this is my stab at beaded knitting, take two. A scarf, I think. I'm thinking the green and teal should go on some gray lace weight I've stalled out on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment