Sunday, July 13, 2008

A re-run and something new

Okay, Soryu is on hold for the moment. The sweater that is being designed and knit from the sandalwood and patina mohair has run out, so I'm spinning up 8 oz.of each so the final sleeve can be completed. It's a single, so it's pretty fast going. I did this half bobbin while we watched Scooby Doo and the Mummy's Curse this morning.

But in addition to this, I am also going to try and branch out a little more. So here we have 2 lb. of Gotland and 8 oz. of superfine black alpaca. I expect the Gotland to be easy to spin (it really smells like sheep, and it's been processed, so it must be pretty paint-peeling when it's raw - needless to say lots of flashbacks to hanging out in the barn during lambing season) and the alpaca to be challenging.
I think the Gotland made up into a nice, sport to DK weight 2 ply is just what I want for the fishing shirt design . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment